Saturday, June 23, 2012

Sunflowers



I have never grown sunflowers before so I really didn't know what to expect. I can't believe how tall they can grow. Some have very thick stems and lots of blooms. The kids helped me plant them by digging a hole and pouring the entire seed pack into the one hole. I can't wait to see how those ones end up. So far one has bloomed and I expect the rest to bloom over the next few days.


 I some how ended up with one sunflower that has a purple stem and giant green and purple leaves.


This has bloomed over the last few days

June 20th
June 22nd
June 23rd
       

   


 I also planted wildflowers and they too have begun to bloom.
 







1 comment:

  1. i LOVE yoUr garden!!! wildflowers are the best!!! sunflowers, some how make the world a better place!!! good work!! thanx for sharing!! LOVE Y'ALL XO

    ReplyDelete