Friday, August 17, 2012

Canning with my Grandma

Today my Grandma taught me how to can vegetables. It was a privilege for me to get to be in the kitchen with her learning how to can. It will be a day I will cherish forever. It was fun, exciting, and turns out it's really addicting. We pickled and canned beets, carrots, peppers, homegrown salsa, pickles,  veggie medley and orange marmalade. By the end of the day I was looking through my kitchen to see what else I could can. It is super fun to can anything and everything. Next week we will be canning some more veggies using the pressure cooker. I can't wait. 
Thank you Grandma 
















1 comment:

  1. your grandma mary is a super grandma! i'm so happy that you got to do this with her! special day for "2" special girls! seriously, good times!
    much love to you XO

    ReplyDelete